- 5 pounds rabbit meat
- 1-2 pounds pork fat
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes (can be adjusted if you prefer it milder/hotter)
- natural hog casings
- In a large bowl, combine the meat and all the seasonings. Mix well. Test for seasoning by frying a small patty - taste and correct seasoning. (This frying and tasting is very important).
- For those of you who butcher a pig - use the fresh side meat for the fat portion. If you don't have access to this meat source, ask a butcher to save you some fat from around the kidneys of a hog. This is the best fat if you don't have side meat. Don't use bacon for the fat!
- Stuff the casings with the sausage mixture.