If you saw spectacles looking at a banana-shaped object, you're probably not alone. Or far off, because fortunately for your psychological health assessment, bananas are indeed involved....
What you're looking at is a section view (Figure 2) and an isometric view (Figure 3) of half of a "Banana Protection Device". Because, well, you must store and transport your bananas carefully - even when they've been sliced in half lengthwise. The patent abstract explains:
A banana protective device for storing and transporting a banana carefully. The banana protective device includes a container having a first cover member and a second cover member being hingedly attached to the first cover member and being adapted to store a banana therein; and also includes pad members being securely disposed upon the first and second cover members for protecting and cushioning the banana; and further includes fastening members being attached to the first and second cover members for fastenably closing the first and second cover members together.
No, we're not making this up. The patent really says that.
And at least now you have something to carefully store and transport the cheapest thing you can buy outside of the food court at Costco....
Other Stuff We Can't Believe Really Exists
- It's Not What You Think....
- Inventions in Everything: Soup Bowl Attraction
- Inventions in Everything: Making Life More Difficult
- Inventions in Everything: The Oreo Separator Machine
- Air Shark!
- Markets in Everything: Stormtrooper Motorcycle Suit
- The Bike That Rides You
- One Inventor's Stick-to-itiveness
- High Five!
- Inventions for Everything
- The Best Mousetrap Ever
- An Invention for the True Wine Connoisseur
- Three of Ten Things You Don't Need on St. Patrick's Day
- The Future Just Got a Lot Cooler Than It Used to Be
- The Worst Piece of Design Ever Done
- The Magic Marker of the Future
- Coming Soon, to a Gym Near You!