We mainly ask and answer questions here at Political Calculations, preferably questions for which we don't already know the answer! Today's an exception though, because question we're asking is: "What are the Top 10 posts of all time at Political Calculations?
The answer is below....
- What's Your Income Percentile?
- The Distribution of Net Worth in the United States
- The S&P 500 At Your Fingertips
- Visualizing the 2012 Distribution of Income in the U.S. by Age
- What Are the Chances Your Marriage Will Last?
- The Real Story About Rising U.S. Income Inequality
- The U.S. Housing Bubble is Back
- A Primer on Calculating Diminished Value for Insurance Claims
- Tipping Around the World
- Triangulating the Deadweight Loss of Cash for Clunkers
Probably the post that we're the most pleased to see make the list is our Primer on Calculating Diminished Value for Insurance Claims, which we developed to help anyone whose car might have been damaged and repaired after an accident recover as much of the full loss they incurred as possible, which they might not otherwise find out about until they try to sell their repaired car years after the accident.
The biggest surprise for us though was finding that the tool we built to calculate the deadweight loss of a government subsidy program to a nation (using the U.S.' "Cash for Clunkers" program as our example) is so popular... in Australia!
We only have an inkling of the kind of crazy crony government subsidy schemes that the Aussies were dealing with under their previous government, but we've been happy to help them quantify just how much they were really dragging Australia's economy down just for the sake of propping up struggling automakers a little longer!