- On a national scale the consumption of rabbit meat should be promoted as a healthy way of living as a way of avoiding the lifestyle diseases associated with red meat (e.g. Gout, High Cholesterol, Heart disease etc.)
- Establishment of a Rabbit Breeders Association in line with the Associations established in Ghana which led to the successful establishment of a rabbit meat industry in the country.
- A market study to establish the number and current production capacity of rabbit breeders in the country.
- Development of a database of rabbit breeders in the country
- In depth study on the potential markets of rabbit meat globally including breeds in demand and market entry tariffs and non-tariff barriers.
- In depth study on the potential markets of rabbit by products (e.g, fur) globally including breeds availability and demand.
- Commercial Attachés accredited to various identified markets to do an in market survey on the market detailing contacts, import prices and consumption patterns in the various markets.
Rabu, 26 Oktober 2011
Kenya’s Potential in the Production and Export of Rabbit Meat